Easy BBQ Prawn Recipes
BBQ prawn is a perfect snack that is incredibly easy to make. The recipe is super easy to follow and you can easily make it in your bullet blender or small food processor. Simply chop the avocado, add some water to thin it out, and you’re ready to go! To prepare these delicious prawns, just place them on a hot plate and cook them for one to two minutes on each side. Make sure they don’t get overcooked.
Grilled prawns are a delicious option for your next BBQ. This recipe calls for prawns that are covered in a spicy garlic and lemon butter sauce. You can serve them with rice or crusty bread. You can even serve these grilled prawns with lemon wedges or a sprig of cilantro. If you don’t have a BBQ, you can simply cook them in a hot pan.
Prepare the ingredients. First, you’ll need prawns. Start by deveining them. Next, cut them horizontally along their body. Then, remove the vein from the middle, open them up like a book, and sprinkle with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Cook your prawns for about two minutes on the barbecue. Sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients, including the lemon juice, garlic, and lemon zest, and then enjoy!
For a more authentic BBQ prawn recipe, marinade your prawns in garlic butter and smoked paprika. Grill them on a hot BBQ until the shells are crispy and the flesh is cooked through. Make sure to remove the shells before serving them, as the butter will stick to the shells. Afterward, place the grilled prawns on a serving platter. You can serve the prawns with lemon slices, or drizzle with the remaining coriander mixture.
To serve the prawns as canapes, use bruschetta to make a simple starter or canape. The foodhub in Stirling has a prawn bruschetta jamie oliver that serves as an easy, retro starter. It contains juicy prawns and is prepared in just 25 minutes. There are several other options for BBQ prawn recipes. When you’re looking for a delicious BBQ prawn recipe, make sure to consider these recipes.
There are a few steps to preparing barbecue prawns, but all require some preparation. For best results, cook the prawns on a high heat. Before cooking, lay the prawns flat on a chopping board and make sure that their shells are open. Slice them horizontally from head to tail. Remove the vein from each prawn and drizzle with olive oil. Season with garlic and lemon zest, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
To prepare the prawns for grilling, prepare a medium high plate. Spread olive oil over the plate. Place the prawns on the grill, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the prawns for about two minutes per side. Once the prawns have reached the desired thickness, transfer them to a large serving bowl and serve with a citrus garlic butter sauce.
The prawns can be grilled in about five minutes if the prawns are large enough. Choosing large prawns will ensure that they can survive the heat and turn over easily. To make the prawns more delicious, marinate them first. Indian cooking often uses this method, so the process of marinating prawns is not uncommon. Using charcoal gives the prawn a smoky flavor that enhances the overall flavour of the dish.
BBQ prawn dipping sauces can be prepared in a few easy steps. The first step is to marinate the prawns for at least 15 minutes. Chop the cilantro and combine it with the remaining ingredients. Next, heat the griddle pan until it is piping hot. Then, cook the prawns on each side for about two minutes until the outside is pink and the flesh is milky. Serve the prawns with the cilantro dipping sauce as a side dish.
Once the prawns are cooked on a medium heat, serve them with the dipping sauces. This is especially nice for parties when people want to enjoy a little something spicy and salty. If you’re hosting a BBQ party, you can serve prawns on skewers and a simple salad and serve the sauce on the side. A few spritzes of the BBQ sauce is enough to give the prawns a delicious taste.
Butterflied prawns with Asian dipping sauce are also another BBQ favourite. If you can’t find fresh prawns, head to your local supermarket and pick up some cooked ones. These are 25-30% cheaper than the ones from a seafood store! There’s no reason not to try it at home! You can even save money on the sauce by making it a day in advance.
BBQ Shrimp Dipping Sauces Step By Step
Dipping sauces can add extra flavor and excitement to your BBQ prawns. Here are some delicious BBQ prawn dipping sauce ideas:
1. Classic Cocktail Sauce
- Mix ketchup, prepared horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of hot sauce. Adjust the horseradish and hot sauce to your preferred level of spiciness.
2. Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and chopped fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- Mix mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Adjust the Sriracha for your desired level of spiciness.
4. Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Blend ripe avocado with fresh cilantro, lime juice, garlic, a pinch of cumin, and a bit of yogurt or sour cream to achieve your preferred consistency.
5. Sweet Chili Sauce
- Serve your prawns with a side of store-bought sweet chili sauce. It’s a sweet and slightly spicy option that complements the smoky flavors of grilled prawns.
6. Thai Peanut Sauce
- Mix peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and red curry paste. You can adjust the sweetness, spiciness, and creaminess to your liking.
7. Mango Salsa
- Combine diced mango, red onion, red bell pepper, fresh cilantro, lime juice, and a touch of honey for a sweet and fruity dipping option.
8. Garlic Aioli
- Make a garlic aioli by mixing mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, and a dash of olive oil. Add chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives for extra flavor.
9. Teriyaki Sauce
- Serve prawns with a side of teriyaki sauce for a sweet and savory dipping experience.
10. Tzatziki Sauce
- Mix Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, minced garlic, fresh dill, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Tzatziki is a refreshing and cool option that pairs well with grilled prawns.
Feel free to adjust the ingredients and quantities in these sauce recipes to suit your taste preferences. Serve a variety of dipping sauces alongside your BBQ prawns to offer your guests a range of flavors to enjoy.
There are a few important things to keep in mind when cooking BBQ prawns. First of all, you must thaw your frozen prawns before cooking them. Thawing is crucial as this will ensure that the prawns are soft and juicy. The most common prawn for barbeque is the king prawn, which is large and easy to handle with tongs. You can also grill them with the shell on, although grilled peeled shrimp will be equally delicious.
Secondly, you must clean the prawns before cooking them. To ensure the most tender prawns, wash and pat dry with paper towel. If you don’t want to do that, you can also boil the prawns in boiling water and remove the shells. Lastly, you should always make sure that you use fresh lemons, as lemon juice enhances the flavour of the prawns.
You may also consider using pre-cooked prawns if you don’t want to shell them yourself. This way, you will not have to worry about the shells falling off and causing you a tummy upset. Pre-cooked prawns are usually chewy and lack the flavor that you need to make your prawns delicious. Then, if you decide to use shell-on prawns, be sure to de-vein them first. You can also keep them in the refrigerator until you need them.
Once you have prepared your prawns, you should reheat them after a day or two. Remember to follow the two-hour rule when cooking them and store them in an air-tight glass container. Also, make sure to thoroughly rinse your shellfish before cooking them, as the sand and grit can cause the meat to cook quickly. Once cooked, it is safe to serve.
Sustainable BBQ prawns have a few key benefits. They’re sourced from sustainable sources, such as wild BC prawns, which don’t use chemicals to grow. Additionally, these succulent shellfish are tender, making them the perfect choice for grilling. Choose a complementing sauce that won’t overpower your prawns. For example, a garlic-and-butter coating on prawns keeps them moist during cooking and becomes the dressing on top of a green salad.
When purchasing prawns, always check the label to ensure the product was farmed using sustainable practices. It’s easy to identify female prawns because they have a plate on their tummy, whereas male prawns have a protruding tissue on their tummy called a petasma. Prawns are born in the open ocean and return to the same estuary or river system for hundreds of years. During this time, they eat a wide variety of plants and animals and grow into adults before returning to the same location.
When buying prawns, make sure they are odorless and come in brightly coloured packs. You can use a sauce like harissa, satay, or rum to give your prawns a savoury and spicy flavor. You can also use the heads to make stock if you like. Once they’ve been deveined, they’re ready to be cooked on a barbecue!
To prepare the marinade, you’ll need to chop the shallots, garlic, and kaffir lime leaves into a paste. Once you’ve combined these ingredients, you can apply the paste to prawns and cook them for about 30 minutes. After that, you can grill them in batches and serve them with lime wedges. Then, grill them until they’re cooked through, about two to three minutes per side.
Easy BBQ Prawn Recipes Step By Step
Grilled BBQ prawns (shrimp) are a quick and delicious appetizer or main dish. Here’s an easy recipe for BBQ prawns with a tasty BBQ marinade:
- 1 pound large prawns (shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust for spiciness)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for extra heat)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes (if using)
1. Prepare the BBQ Marinade
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful marinade.
2. Marinate the Prawns
- Toss the peeled and deveined prawns in the BBQ marinade. Make sure the prawns are evenly coated. Allow them to marinate for about 15-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat the Grill
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat, around 400-450°F (200-230°C). Ensure the grill grates are clean and well-oiled to prevent sticking.
4. Skewer the Prawns
- Thread the marinated prawns onto wooden skewers, leaving a bit of space between each prawn for even cooking. If you prefer, you can grill the prawns directly on the grill grates, but skewering them makes it easier to flip and handle.
5. Grill the Prawns
- Place the prawn skewers on the preheated grill. Grill for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until the prawns turn pink and opaque. Be careful not to overcook them, as prawns can become tough if grilled for too long.
- Remove the grilled BBQ prawns from the grill and serve them hot. They are delicious as an appetizer or main course.
7. Optional Garnish
- You can garnish the grilled prawns with fresh herbs, such as chopped parsley or cilantro, and serve them with lemon wedges for a burst of freshness.
These BBQ prawns are easy to make and offer a smoky, spicy, and flavorful kick. You can adjust the seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy them as a tasty dish at your next barbecue or outdoor gathering!
Did you miss our previous article…